Thursday, August 23, 2012

Unschooling Misconceptions Footnotes

Jayn's Henna Tattoo

I'm here at North East Unschooling Conference, having a wonderful time. I gave my first presentation earlier, about Unschooling Misconceptions and Myths. Here are the acknowledgements and sources that I mentioned:

Alex Polikowsky's remarkable post
Kelly Lovejoy - Stages of Unschooling
Joyce Fetterol's site
Sandra Dodd's site
Pam Sorooshian's site

I ran out of time before I could talk about this clip from the TV show "Through The Wormhole" about a researcher, Jim Fallon, (the second clip) and his extraordinary discovery about himself - a wonderful example of kindness making all the difference.

It's grand to be here among other unschoolers, with all the awesome kids. Jayn is having a ball, making new friends and trying new things, such as Henna.

1 comment:

Alex Polikowsky said...

Hey thank you! I think that you are amazing and when I started reading unschooling in the groups I was hugely inspired by you and your daughter !